What we collect
We may collect the following information to full fill your order:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers.
- Demographic information such as your address.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping. This information is used in case of product warranty claims and potential product recalls.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services. This will be used internally and not shared with any other party.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. This will be restricted to offers and services offered by ViewClickBuy and no other party. You will be given the option to opt in to our promotional emails, and can opt out at any time by contacting us directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by phone T: 01594 888 680. We may send you a cart abandonment email to remind you about an item that you left in your basket, or in the checkout. This email is sent following your engagement with our website and our products. We send these emails to you on the basis of legitimate interest compliant with GDPR.
Companies and Partners that have access to your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This is in accordance to GDPR regulations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for internal statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We work with affiliates to offer our customers flexibility and a wide range of buying options. This also allows us to advertise our products on affiliate websites such as Qudco, TopCashback and PriceSpy. These sites allow customers to gain cashback and review the best deals online.
The affiliate gateways we work with are listed below with full details and links through to their Privacy Policies.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, such as when purchasing an item look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. We will then remove your contact information from any offers and related item promotions.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, and GDPR regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store upon your approval and acceptance to collect.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|You session ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.